Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

2 posters

Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping

Brodyaga

Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping Empty Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping

Post  Brodyaga Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:51 am

I was surprised to learn that if I move my units with a Warp Manipulator, I disable my Pylon this way (if it got into the Warp area); it leaves my facility for producing Colosses and Skypiersers unpowered. So, I have to run quickly and place another Pylon with my Probe instead of disabled.

Nice surprise was though, that I can move some of the structures (Defensive Turrets)

Would be nice to be able to move the other buildings as well(at least on Brutal, instead of salvaging them: Brutal By 4 is really difficult, mainly because of the disorganized efforts)
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping Empty Re: Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping

Post  Nagnazul Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:45 am

Hm, yeah, that's something I didn't consider. good find.
    Brodyaga

Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping Empty One more bug with Pylon (and SCV and Mules)

Post  Brodyaga Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:48 pm

If you set a Pylon near the Mineral Field, and this Pylon will be closer than someone else's Stockpile, you will momentarily stop your body from harvesting: all his harvesters will crowd near your Pylon and will keep shaking: trying to leave their load there.

So, Pylons are marked as the sheared property, but does not really work this way.

Similar problem with the Destructible Rocks: if there is any Minerals underneath of them, Mule will keep trying to get those, without paying attention on the nearby ones: no matter how hard I try to direct Mules to the neighboring Mineral Fields.

The roots of this problem is in the obsolete for this map principle: spread harvester around to equally harvest all the fields. If Mules don't see any minerals around, there is no place for disobeying: ten of them can quickly harvest the gold Rich Field.

But I can not harvest any field with multiple Mules near the Spinecrowlers if there is any Mineral spot right near the Spinecrowlers, until I kill them all. This is because mules will try to run there, and being hit!

Last edited by Brodyaga on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brodyaga

Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping Empty Disabled Pylon

Post  Brodyaga Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Interesting thing: if the single Pylon is being attacked by the Zerg, the attempt to Warp it would make Pylon look "neutral" for the attackers: they immediately loose interest and leave, not attack the structure any longer.

Sponsored content

Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping Empty Re: Bug with Pylons being disabled as a result of getting into a zone of Warping

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:43 am