Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

+3
combatjoe
Starke
Brodyaga
7 posters

Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them...

Brodyaga

Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them... Empty Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them...

Post  Brodyaga Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them other than with Big Laser Gun...- this is not fair, need some long distanse stricker in the game.
    Starke
    Starke

Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them... Empty Re: Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them...

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:46 pm

As far as I know, the Brood Lord wave basically is the end of the game. On Krydon you either win fast or not at all. I think some range reduction would be nice, but not so they get hit by Missile Turrets.

Out of curiosity, what is the wave progression after the Brood Lords?
    Brodyaga

Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them... Empty Re: Broodlords are stricking from too far, you can't reach them...

Post  Brodyaga Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Starke wrote:As far as I know, the Brood Lord wave basically is the end of the game. On Krydon you either win fast or not at all. I think some range reduction would be nice, but not so they get hit by Missile Turrets.

Out of curiosity, what is the wave progression after the Brood Lords?

The number of units is the same... then units, like Brood Lords and Ultralisks, are delivered in advance and being accumulated during the early game.

Actually, I used Ravens to find them and kill before they atack.
    So, those times when I won I did not have any sugnificant ammount of them.
    I just did not survive long enough, if I could not prevent their atack, to see, what is the next)))
    Well, there were some ugly creachers: huge bugs, in size of a few Quins - I saw them in winning games, but I did not noticed the order Question
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Brodyaga wrote:huge bugs, in size of a few Quins - I saw them in winning games, but I did not noticed the order Question
    Um, what are Quins? scratch
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Starke wrote:
    Brodyaga wrote:huge bugs, in size of a few Quins - I saw them in winning games, but I did not noticed the order Question
    Um, what are Quins? scratch

Oh, sorry: Queens.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

sunny Ok, I gotcha now. Do they still use the Queen model? And when do Kerrigans come?
    combatjoe

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Kerrigans come right after the broodlord wave, i'm pretty sure. I've only seen them once. The sheer amount of zerg you fight at that point is nuts.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Starke wrote: sunny Ok, I gotcha now. Do they still use the Queen model? And when do Kerrigans come?

Oh confused yes, Queens come somewhat before Ultralisks and, as combatjoe said, Kerrigans come agter Brood Lords.

Ehh Shocked , Kerrigans are the nasty creatures pale

confused I don't know, but it appears to me that the power of Kerrigans is not the same? Once I killed a few of them easily with a few Siege Tank shots, then one or few the HUGE ones come on the top of the wave and conseqantly destroy Buncers, Ravens, and Big Berta easily confused

Or they just were different? I mean - I just remembared different Kerrigans from different maps: from the first and from the second maps? I guess so...
    Nosuke

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:42 am

Basically you have to gather a lot of gas before brood lords and make 4-5 berth. That is the idea Very Happy
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:32 pm

They should just focus on making Kerrigan a "hero" that can't die at first but retreats, just like in the campaign.

She retreats to a spot and starts regenerating health.

Maybe give her multiple abilities, so she assists her army, but buff them too. So no multiple Kerrigan, just ONE smart Kerrigan.

Possible abilities...

- Along with the usual active abilities, she has a:
    [For the Swarm!] Passive - Increases health of surrounding units by 25%, Increases attack speed of nearby units by 15%.

Smart bosses should be a handy way to make the game interesting...

Heck, if the pacing of the game can be slowed down (as in slightly longer waves, players can take their time somewhat), unique interesting enemies can be implemented with smart AIs...

Like Psionic Infested High Templars that can blink when attacked, and fire energy attacks at your defenses. Obviously, they use shields so their health is low, so maybe EMP can be useful to implement sometimes later on...

Maybe hybrids can be good for later waves...
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:17 am

This almost sounds like an entirely different game... It would be cool to have something like this, but I am afraid it would ruin what the game already has going for it. This isn't a boss or ability oriented game. If you could vote for a different mode where there was "smart" bosses instead of the Bruta, Levi, etc., maybe that would work... Give it a separate option at the start next to the difficulty settings, titled "Smart Bosses - Beta!" or something like that. Still, I am very skeptical.

I don't know much about the later waves, as in all my games we have either won or lost by the Brood Lord wave. I have never faced the Kerrigan wave.

What is the wave progression after the Kerrigan wave? Does anyone know?
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:30 am

Starke wrote: What is the wave progression after the Kerrigan wave? Does anyone know?

Probubly, nobody No
    I belive that nobady can survive sekond (third?) Kerrigans' wave.
    darekkhort

Post  darekkhort Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:43 am

Myuhahahaha. Ravens BARRAGE skill wins out. Plus hunter seekers are good against brood lords. Kills them in 2 shots I believe. I don't know what the brood lord wave looks like, because I've only ever seen 2 brood lords attacking forward during the night - probably because I destroy the production facilities early on.
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Brodyaga wrote:
    Starke wrote: What is the wave progression after the Kerrigan wave? Does anyone know?

Probubly, nobody No
    I belive that nobady can survive sekond (third?) Kerrigans' wave.

There is no progression after the Kerrigan wave - once kerrigan shows up, I assume that the players will either win with beacons/transport or just die.

I never intended for anyone to actually fight Kerrigan, she's just there as a "okay, the game is over now" kind of thing.

I'll be replacing Kerrigans with something new next patch, including a way to win that involves pure defense - just pure hold out. If you survive the final wave, you win.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Lol, that's what I initially thought the Brood Lord wave was when I started playing. But a pure holdout option sounds awesome. Very Happy
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Hope you didn't use the wrong kind of Kerrigan, cuz in the campaign files, there are I think two versions of them... And the "Queen of Blades" one is practically invincible.

And I never said to replace the whole game with smart bosses of the sorts, just unique units that makes the defending less repetitive.

Infested Protoss units may actually make it harder... Probably better if you can add it to the progression of the waves, so then Kerrigan comes by sooner, or more often (sort of like mini boss then boss).

To make it interesting, Kerrigan needs to spawn 1 wave before the Kerrigan wave, but is defending a newly form hive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:21 am