Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

Trapped Behind Buildings

Starke
    Starke

Trapped Behind Buildings Empty Trapped Behind Buildings

Post  Starke Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Getting this out of the way: I seem to get trapped behind building an inordinate amount of time. It is as if the SCV consciously chooses to get trapped. Mad Mad Mad

That aside, the problem is not critical because most buildings can be easily salvaged. And I know the SCV isn't really choosing the wrong side. But I think a couple of tweaks would greatly help prevent some of these problems.

Can you slightly expand the auto-turret's pathing radius? That way, it can make some of the small crevices too small to fit in.

Could you give the Rescue Beacon a load/unload function? It reallly sucks getting trapped behind one of those. Mad pale You can imagine my feeling. A load/unload would allow you to escape by setting the rally point to the correct side, but is totally impractical as a hiding spot.

Thanks for listening!
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Trapped Behind Buildings Empty Re: Trapped Behind Buildings

Post  Nagnazul Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:27 pm

I absolutely know how you feel - implementing a way for players to unstuck themselves has been in my Todo list for a long time. It will be in the game eventually.

In the meantime, one thing you can is build in the space where you are stuck. If, for instance, you're stuck in a 2x2 space, build an auto-turret in that space; when the turret finishes, your SCV will move to an unoccupied space.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:09 am

Awesome! Thanks. And if only cliffsides came with a nice 2x2 crevice... if there was room, I already put a turret there. Very Happy Mad Crying or Very sad
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:23 pm

Making all missile, machine gun, and siege tank turrets passable is a must.

In SC1, Missile Turrets have a tiny slot in between that lets players move around. The same goes with Bunkers etc.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:01 pm