Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

Big Bertha Damage Questions

Starke
    Starke

Big Bertha Damage Questions Empty Big Bertha Damage Questions

Post  Starke Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:18 pm

I noticed something odd about the Big Bertha's damage. When you mouse over its weapon icon, you get this:
    Damage: 6
    Attack Speed: 1
    Range: 25

Surely the Big Bertha deals more than 6 damage a second? Auto-turrets would out-damage it!

Either the damage or attack speed is off. But which one? If the damage is incorrect on the tooltip, then a quick switch will solve the problem. HOWEVER, if the attack speed is incorrect and the damage is RIGHT, then I think there is a major problem for Brutal. In Brutal, all enemies have 3 armor upgrades, in addition to their normal armor. Against targets with 3 armor, the Big Bertha will have its damage cut in HALF. affraid

What are the actual Big Bertha stats? confused
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Big Bertha Damage Questions Empty Re: Big Bertha Damage Questions

Post  dra6o0n Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:00 am

I think it has a "buff" that goes along with it's attacks...
    It rapidly does about 40~50 damage per second I think.
    Maybe multiple attack patterns (as in weapon 1 attacks in 0.5 seconds, then weapon 2 in 0.5 afterwards, and so on)? Think minigun with 6~8 barrels, but 1 attack = 1 barrel rotation.

It needs to cost more and actually have super long range for it's size...

Maybe a "damage to range" effect?
    The further the target, the less damage done per second, the closer the target, the more damage done per second.

Set range to 50. Furthest range at 50 = 25% damage / Closest at 1~2 = 150% damage
    Base damage value of 10, with furthest range doing 2.5 damage per second, and closest doing 15 damage per second.

Then make the turning speed slightly slower and make it a "manual" turret, meaning you need to designate a target.

Then alter the cost of creating one to:
    300 minerals, 300 gas, 8 supply

If it's too overpowered, add a "minimal" range to it.

Otherwise...

Forget about the whole thing and scrap the Big Bertha and make a new one for it:

Big Bertha Cannon
    - Grants 10 Vision Range
    - Can see over cliffs
    - Can be attacked by air units

Primary Ability
    [Laser Cannon]
    50 Damage / 5 Attacks (at once) / 100 Range
    Cost 250 Energy to use the "Charge Laser" Ability (deals 250 damage) on a single spot and can deal area damage to incinerate foes.
    Charge time of 15 seconds, and cool down of 30 seconds.
    Right Click activates the cannon on "clicked foes".

Secondary Ability:
    [Shield]
    Generates a Temporary shield of the cannon by 1000 points for 60 seconds.
    Costs 150 Energy.

Costs:
    500 Minerals 500 Gas, 10 supplies.
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:03 am

Starke wrote:I noticed something odd about the Big Bertha's damage. When you mouse over its weapon icon, you get this:
    Damage: 6
    Attack Speed: 1
    Range: 25

Surely the Big Bertha deals more than 6 damage a second? Auto-turrets would out-damage it!

Either the damage or attack speed is off. But which one? If the damage is incorrect on the tooltip, then a quick switch will solve the problem. HOWEVER, if the attack speed is incorrect and the damage is RIGHT, then I think there is a major problem for Brutal. In Brutal, all enemies have 3 armor upgrades, in addition to their normal armor. Against targets with 3 armor, the Big Bertha will have its damage cut in HALF. affraid

What are the actual Big Bertha stats? confused

Big Bertha's weapon isn't like other weapons in that it's a channeled effect. The channeled effect is applied every 0.1 seconds, and the effect deals 6 damage. The "1.0" speed comes from the time it takes for it to start channeling.

And yes, Berthas will be significantly weaker in Brutal mode.

I went ahead and changed Bertha's weapon speed to make the tooltip more accurate - it should show up as 0.1 weapon speed now.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:49 pm

SIXTY damage a second, that's more like it. Very Happy

Or 30 on Brutal..... and that's just to drone, lings, etc. I'm not sure, but Ultras have 2 native armor, right? So on Brutal, they would have 5 armor, cutting the damage down to 10 a second... Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked

I think I need a new Brutal strat... Crying or Very sad
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Make it a 3 damage per 0.1 second, but 9 damage per 0.1 second after 5 seconds of charging, like void rays, and it comes with a visual indicator too (turns yellow or something).

So 30 damage per second for 5 seconds, then it jumps to 90 damage per second.

This means Big Bertha will still work in Brutal mode.

Finding a fusion core and gas though, for ravens, is a better alternative...

What beats a 1x1 turret that does 12 damage per second? Costs 80 minerals yes, but it has NO supply cost whatsoever. Heck, you can basically replace your basic defenses with the minigun turrets and forget spending money on some things.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:51 pm

NO supply cost? I overlooked that. That can come in handy. Oh, and it does 12 damage every .6 seconds. Twisted Evil

But yes, I am concerned about its power on Brutal, as it is the "main" way to take out Brood Lords, Bane Lords, and the Leviathan. For such a huge investment, it needs more punch. I mean, against targets with 2 native armor, it does all of 10 damage a second because of the three armor upgrades. How much armor do Brood Lords, Bane Lords, and the Leviathan have? I am afraid it will become ineffective versus the targets it is meant to take out, and also minimally useful against Ultras and Roaches. A simple fix would be to lengthen the attack interval and increase the attack damage. Say, .2 attack speed and 20 damage. Same DPS, better performance against armor.
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Maybe give Big Bertha a buff:
    Able to do penetrate enemy armors, essentially will always do full damage.

Meaning it'll do the usual 60 damage a second without a hitch in brutal mode.

At the same time, adjust it's cost. It's suppose to be Uber, so have a uber cost...

Or make armor piercing a upgrade from a Armory or something...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:02 pm