Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

Bunker Buster Bomb

dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Bunker Buster Bomb Empty Bunker Buster Bomb

Post  dra6o0n Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Or BBB:

A implementation of a hatchery busting bomb can do... Maybe make it cost 150 gas and 150 minerals to build, and you can build it on creep.
    Takes roughly 30 seconds to build.

Inflicts up to 150 damage (300 vs Zerg Structures) from a 6 range radius. Watch out for friendly fire.

When created, you can set the charge so it will have a countdown of 30 seconds. It will also burrow, so it can remain hidden from enemies until detected.

100HP / 6 Armor (it can handle some melee hits)

Can be built on creep

Explodes but does up to 100 damage on death. Damage depends on range.

Requires a Factory And Science Vessel to create.

It's essentially a time bomb and a Giant Mine in one.
    Starke
    Starke

Bunker Buster Bomb Empty Re: Bunker Buster Bomb

Post  Starke Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:08 am

Lol, but why? 2 or 3 Auto-turrets do the same thing for FAR less, especially considering that they can be salvaged. And it looks like you would need to buy several of these to even take out one Hatchery. I don't think that they would serve a purpose...
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:24 am

I guess when it comes to inflicting damage instantly and inflicting damage over time, people prefer the latter.

I roughly thought this one up for explosives or demolition effects.

Of course, it might be more ideal to make "spider mines" controllable, so you can spawn a group of them to use as little robot bombs.

Maybe remote controlled spider mines would be a better idea.

Maybe said robot can't get too far from the area it's been created with...

Maybe a command structure that creates such robots and they will explode if they move outside said "radio limits".

Maybe this:

Drone Tower
    Enables you to create drones

From this structure, you can create 2 possible drones.
    You can set a rally depending on how you want to use your drones.

A UAV drone (can be shot down by air units)

The UAV basically flies in the air above the sky, enabling players to quickly fly it into zerg air space. It can be shot down only by air units. They have a limited battery life so they'll expire some times after spawning.

Cost: 25 Minerals

A Spider bomblet (remote controlled by computer, rally point used by player)

It follows a rally point once it spawns, and upon reaching the end it buries itself like a spider mine, the difference is that it deals more damage to structures and have limited battery life too.

Cost: 40 Minerals
    Damage: 20(80 to structures)

Maybe you should try the "stock limit" to units built and further limit how players get units to use...

Like have a 45 second restock time set upon the Factory and Science Vessel units, and a up to 10 Stock max for each unit.

It's kind of like shops, it's limited to how the shops handle the constructing... Except units are built instantly.

Now the idea isn't about what's more efficient, its about how are we going to expand the player's style of play.

Most games have you seeing players rushing to a place to build a defense, and most of them involves a transport ship, and rarely does anyone attempt to actually "go offensive" with destroying their hatchery... Half the time the players seems to be too pre-occupied with their base that they tend to not noticed the other parts of the map.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:51 am

dra6o0n wrote: A Spider bomblet (remote controlled by computer, rally point used by player)

It follows a rally point once it spawns, and upon reaching the end it buries itself like a spider mine, the difference is that it deals more damage to structures and have limited battery life too.

I was thinking about executing mission of a bombardment throgh enabling Factory of produsing spider mines in a flight. Player just moves over the chosen Nest, and bombards it from the air. Maybe, there needs to be one more function of produsing poverful bombs while in an air.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:16 pm

If anyone here has anyone used Spider Mines, I would really like to hear the feedback. They are the closest thing we have to a "bomb" in the game. My suggestion: do you guys remember the would-be replacement for the Spider Mine early in development? There was going to be a "minelayer drone" of some sort. It was created from the Raven (or whatever it was named back then), was cloaked, and automatically spawned 3 Spider Mines around it, that then burrowed. Each time one of the Spider Mines was triggered, the minelayer drone would decloak, rebuild the mine, an then they would both cloak/burrow again. I would prefer this structure to the current Spider Mine implementation, except perhaps the minelayer wouldn't decloak to build more mines, and the mined under construction wouldn't ever be vulnerable while building. They could only be killed when a detector is around.

This was my brainstorm. To be honest, I guess it doesn't really address the concept of a "Hatchery bomb."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 pm