Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

4 posters

Who uses Missile Batteries?

Starke
    Starke

Who uses Missile Batteries? Empty Who uses Missile Batteries?

Post  Starke Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:52 am

I have yet to use or even find a need for Missile Batteries. I have seen a handful ingame, but never do they seem to be worth it. Can anyone who has experience with them offer feedback? I have a feeling that they need a buff, redesign, upgrade (patch 11.0), or total replacement.
    Brodyaga

Who uses Missile Batteries? Empty Re: Who uses Missile Batteries?

Post  Brodyaga Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:22 am

Starke wrote:I have yet to use or even find a need for Missile Batteries. I have seen a handful ingame, but never do they seem to be worth it. Can anyone who has experience with them offer feedback? I have a feeling that they need a buff, redesign, upgrade (patch 11.0), or total replacement.

In early games I placed them, but not any more. They are completely useless because of the very short range of attack, long recharging time, waisting powerful shoot on Zergling instead of Ultralisks and being therefore empty when the big guys came...

Recently they proved to be just a kind of expensive unarmed Bunkers, when I placed 8 of them in order to stop Lethiafan.

Well, they stopped it... without fireing (too short range))

I kept repairing them, Lethiafan kept attacking them... this status guo stayed for almost 2 minutes without change untill Fleet came)

Another thing to stop Lethiafan for a while that I used was Factory.
    I placed it right in front of Lethiafan and scattered the area with a few dusens of mines before the Factory got desroyed. Lethiafan does not move forward untill it discharge all of the mines; one [7 min] mine = one hit of Lethiafan and another sec of Saving Beacons life. Meanwhile the Fleet was close)

Last edited by Brodyaga on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:43 am

Noted.

Also, clever strat there brodyaga!
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:03 am

Change the Missile Battery to be a manual long ranged weapon that barrages the area with actual missiles, not floating bombs.

Basically it should have a attack range of 15, but a "target acquisition" range of 7, and has two abilities:

Missile Barrage (Manual) - An ability that lets the Missile Battery launch 10 missiles over a period of 4 seconds at a target location within it's attack radius. Each missiles doesn't actually do damage, its the ability that causes a 250 damage over the course of 4 seconds (look at thor's ability). Cost 150 Energy with a capacity of 250 Energy.
    20 Second Cooldown.
    You can set this to auto cast to make it work with Auto Target.

Auto Target - Allows you to set a area within a maximum visible radius, where the Missile Battery will automatically attack with it's ability based on ANY enemies that comes into it. Technically this disables the player from using Missile Barrage, but it uses it on it's own continuously for that target area.

The set area will basically have a "indicator" on it to show that you have basically set that area to be a "fire zone" thus warning players not to walk into it during a wave.

Also, make sure to balance the cost of this, if you are going to change the functionality.

High supply cost with modest minerals and gas can do, because nothing's worse than players spamming these at slopes and pushing for full telsa coil. Heck, with the telsa coil cheapness still being used a ton I doubt people would use this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:41 am