Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

Balance Tweaks

Starke
    Starke

Balance Tweaks Empty Balance Tweaks

Post  Starke Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:12 am

A few balance tweaks.

-On Brutal, Infestor energy regenerates MUCH faster. So fast, in fact, that it will have enough to cast AGAIN the moment the first Fungal Growth is over, if you do not kill or scare it away with snipe. Could you reduce the energy regen so that the second cast is delayed by at least a few seconds? Or just make it cooldown-dependent like Blink.

-Could you disallow Infestors from casting Fungal Growth on the ship? Not really huge, but it takes a few Restores to heal it, and there seems to be little point.

-Could you make the ship's regen field work on itself? Again, seems silly to use Restore to heal minor damage, but is annoying when your crucial lifeline has lost even a little health.

-Could you set the ship's Restore to automatic by default? I can think of no reason that one would want it off at the start, and it is just another button to click. Once I came within a hair of losing the ship because a Swarmling slowly chipped away at it throughout the first day and I didn't notice! >.<

-I HEARD that you were planning to remove the Infestor's ability to cast Fungal Growth on aerial targets. I don't have an opinion yet either way, but is this true?

Oh, and last thing. Not a suggestion, just a couple things I have noticed. In two games, the instant the match started, I I saw a flash of a Zergling in the base, and then it disappeared. I assume I saw the moment of magic when all the objects in the game are being placed? And I notice that almost EVERY game when I exit the eastern ramp, there is a Swarmling there to greet me, already crawling toward the base. Is it supposed to be there every time, and active?
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Balance Tweaks Empty Re: Balance Tweaks

Post  Nagnazul Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:52 am

Starke wrote:A few balance tweaks.

-On Brutal, Infestor energy regenerates MUCH faster. So fast, in fact, that it will have enough to cast AGAIN the moment the first Fungal Growth is over, if you do not kill or scare it away with snipe. Could you reduce the energy regen so that the second cast is delayed by at least a few seconds? Or just make it cooldown-dependent like Blink.

I'll make a note of it.

Starke wrote:
    -Could you disallow Infestors from casting Fungal Growth on the ship? Not really huge, but it takes a few Restores to heal it, and there seems to be little point.

The ship will be marked as a structure in the next patch, that should fix things nicely.

Starke wrote:

-Could you make the ship's regen field work on itself? Again, seems silly to use Restore to heal minor damage, but is annoying when your crucial lifeline has lost even a little health.

Ah, OCD. Sure, I can do that.

Starke wrote:

-Could you set the ship's Restore to automatic by default? I can think of no reason that one would want it off at the start, and it is just another button to click. Once I came within a hair of losing the ship because a Swarmling slowly chipped away at it throughout the first day and I didn't notice! >.<

The reason restore auto-cast is off by default is that I want new players to notice the restore ability, read what it does, and then decide whether to auto-cast it or not. Having it on auto-cast by default would be confusing for new players (what was that blue thing?)

Starke wrote:

-I HEARD that you were planning to remove the Infestor's ability to cast Fungal Growth on aerial targets. I don't have an opinion yet either way, but is this true?

You probably imagined that. That was in Blizzard's 1.2 patch notes for a while, but it's not something I plan on touching.

Starke wrote:

Oh, and last thing. Not a suggestion, just a couple things I have noticed. In two games, the instant the match started, I I saw a flash of a Zergling in the base, and then it disappeared. I assume I saw the moment of magic when all the objects in the game are being placed? And I notice that almost EVERY game when I exit the eastern ramp, there is a Swarmling there to greet me, already crawling toward the base. Is it supposed to be there every time, and active?

The game puts zerg all over the map and then immediately removes the ones in the starting area around the ship. This is probably what you saw.

There is no pre-determined swarmlings, but they're pretty common units and have a pretty big acquire range.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Nagnazul wrote:There is no pre-determined swarmlings, but they're pretty common units and have a pretty big acquire range.

Is the script of "no pre-determined" things the same for the Minerals Bonus [drop-pods?]?

If so, it is not pure "no pre-determined", because I find many of Minerals Bonus shiny balls in the same spots every game (certain hill cliffs corners.)

It looks like some forms of relief are predominantly desirable for some subjects.

Last edited by Brodyaga on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I figured as much about the auto-cast, it's good as is.

I heard the Fungal Growth on air units one from another player. I guess that he thought that because Blizzard is going to change it you will have to change it too.

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 am