Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

To snipe Leviathan

Brodyaga

To snipe Leviathan Empty To snipe Leviathan

Post  Brodyaga Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Another idea how to take down the Leviathan:

Build a battery of Rechargers (you need them anyway to withstand the intensive attacks of the later game and Hidra bombardment), step forward with your SCV and just snipe it! Just stay within their heal-radius and set them to auto-healing with the right click on the icon in their menu.

One snipe shot deals 25 damage.
    Leviathan has 2000 of a health.
    So, it takes 80 shots to kill it. Or 16 full charges.

Not that much. Even that some charges will happen before the SCV runs out of energy, still it stays within reasonable limits even if it takes double number of charges.

This happens faster, than with a single Bertha.
    Starke
    Starke

To snipe Leviathan Empty Re: To snipe Leviathan

Post  Starke Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:09 pm

I do this to beat the Brood Lord wave sometimes when I'm really desperate. Can I chalk this up as more evidence that Restorers are OP?
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Starke wrote:I do this to beat the Brood Lord wave sometimes when I'm really desperate. Can I chalk this up as more evidence that Restorers are OP?

I've done it today, but without previous planning, so it took longer: my Restores were scattered arround the area, so the closest ones got discharged very quickly, and I had to recharge them manually, using the heal-action of the distant restorers.

We know from which corner Leviathan coming, so next time I will place my rechargers closer to that side.

But I want to warn you: if you are keep defense with the bunch of the inslavered little Zerg units nearby, the Rechachers will probably be emptied for their healling by the time you need their charge for shotting Leviathan.

Big, massive units, like inslavered Ultralisks, don't empty the rechargers that fast.

But... well, you said - overpowered...

I would not say so: the player still needs some skills, thinking and luck to place everything correctly and safely, and needs a really huge number of Restorers to be ready, not empty, for the possible Leviathan's arrival on the top of a huge wave of an incoming attack.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:21 pm

My problem is not what they do, it's the price for which they do it. They only cost 40 mins 20 gas.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:57 am

Starke wrote:My problem is not what they do, it's the price for which they do it. They only cost 40 mins 20 gas.

Let's look at this in a different way: the battery of 20 costs 800 minerals and 400 gas), and the single one is worth only nothing, in full accordance with the price)
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:59 am

TWENTY Restorers? I never get more than six or so. The sixteen charges equal four Restorers. I think they Restore once you are below 25 energy, so that is one charge wasted each time. But considering you start with five shots, you would only need and extra one or two Restorers to guarantee you have enough energy, so five Restorers or six max. For six, that's 240 mins and 120 gas.
    EC-10

Post  EC-10 Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:18 am

Hey just discovered the game today and it is quite fun. I have yet to see a topic about just fighting and killing everything and never leaving. Our team of 3 split up and the other 2 I was playing with got their base destroyed so they came to mine. Using just a couple various turrets and an insane amount of (probably 50+?) restorers we sniped everything endgame including the mother-ships. (on normal) We couldn't build much else because the factories were destroyed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:16 pm