Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

4 posters

Make Supply Transferrable

Starke
    Starke

Make Supply Transferrable  Empty Make Supply Transferrable

Post  Starke Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 am

Is it possible to make supply a transferrable resource like minerals and gas? There are only so many on the map, and the random placement meaning that one player often gets the short end of the stick. It makes sense for players to be able to spread supply around like minerals and gas. In particular, when a player dies or leaves, can you set the game to automatically distribute his supply (and minerals/gas) to the remaining players. It is frustrating to be the last player, incapacitated due to lack of supply because you teammates got more in the random draw? This would make high-level cooperation much easier.
    Brodyaga

Make Supply Transferrable  Empty Re: Make Supply Transferrable

Post  Brodyaga Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:18 am

Starke wrote:Is it possible to make supply a transferrable resource like minerals and gas? There are only so many on the map, and the random placement meaning that one player often gets the short end of the stick. It makes sense for players to be able to spread supply around like minerals and gas. In particular, when a player dies or leaves, can you set the game to automatically distribute his supply (and minerals/gas) to the remaining players. It is frustrating to be the last player, incapacitated due to lack of supply because you teammates got more in the random draw? This would make high-level cooperation much easier.

I fully support this idea and, actually, was thinking the same.
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Maybe being able to spend minerals and gas and supplies, to construct a supply depot that shares supplies with other players?

Supplies has a limit to how it's amplified basically.

1 Supply Depot = 150 Minerals / 150 Gas / Only 4 can exist at a time on the map / (use the other supply depot model)

Allows players to transfer 4 units of supplies to the other players.
    The structure is shared and cannot be salvaged.

400 HP
    1 Armor

Maybe a unique way of creating supplies through the use of experience...

Passive - The supply depot levels up over time, the longer it lives, the more bonus supplies everyone gets. Up to a max of level 10.
    Every level increases (non-transferable) supplies of everyone by 1, since the supply depot is shared. If the supply depot gets destroyed, everyone loses the bonus supplies it produces.

Exp Chart:
    Lv1 = 200
    Lv2 = 350
    Lv3 = 600
    Lv4 = 775
    Lv5 = 1200
    Lv6 = 1550
    Lv7 = 1900
    Lv8 = 2250
    Lv9 = 2750
    Lv10 = 4000

Something like that. Level 1 takes 3.33 minutes and Level 10 is basically 66.6 minutes if it gains 1 experience every second.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Dra6o0n, to you there is no problem that cannot be solved with a leveling/upgradable building. Laughing Seriously, lol. Very Happy I made my suggestions clear about more supply in this thread, but I have an alternate one involving buildings:

Right now, Weaponized Bunkers have the secondary effect of adding one supply. It's a cool idea, but 100 minerals for the sake of one supply is simply too inefficient to be practical, especially considering the space constraints. I would suggest splitting the upgrade into specialized weapon and supply upgrades. The turret one would be mostly unchanged. But in addition, you could buy a supply upgrade for a similar price that grants four(?) supply. You could only choose one upgrade on each Bunker, just like with the Orbital Command/Planetary Fortress. It could use the Neosteel Frame Bunker model to make it distinct.

I think this would allow the seamless addition of a supply building option without having to build a new, dedicated building, while also expanding on a current idea and adding more tactical depth to the game.

I will go edit this into my other post on the topic. Smile
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Supply will be re-distributed when a player leaves in the next patch.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:45 am