Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

The best use of Ravens

Brodyaga

The best use of Ravens Empty The best use of Ravens

Post  Brodyaga Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:18 pm

I found that huge and dangerous Zerg units like Ultralisks, Broodlors and some smoller of the Heroic Monstres are concentrating for the future ONE HUGE DEADLY WAVE arround hatheries.
    So this is advisable that part of players would concentrate not on the building the Saving Ships and Saving Bacons (and undergo the extra atacks this way ), but on making many Ravens and going arround the map and bit dangerous guys from the air and from the safe distance, away from own defencive positions.
    But someguys still need to build bigger defence and buld Saving Ships (atracting the monsters) Shocked
    combatjoe

The best use of Ravens Empty Re: The best use of Ravens

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:19 pm

I didn't know that they group up by hatcheries. Here is what I have observed:

1 - Groups of zerg around the "nest" buildings. When you find a roach warren, you'll usually find some roaches around it. Same for all the critters, like if you find an ultralisk cavern it could have 1-6 ultras sitting by it. I don't know if these guys come and attack when their level of wave is attacking, or if they just stay there

Sometimes, if you find a big enough group, it can be well worth it to set up a mind control device and snag some top tier zerg units in bulk!

2 - There are a few cases where hatcheries spawn up on hilltops that have no ramps. Any zerg that spawn from these hatcheries are stuck and accumulate there.

I really haven't seen zerg group up otherwise, but when I do find packs like this, ravens are damn good bombers.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:35 pm

combatjoe wrote:I didn't know that they group up by hatcheries. Here is what I have observed:

1 - Groups of zerg around the "nest" buildings. When you find a roach warren, you'll usually find some roaches around it. Same for all the critters, like if you find an ultralisk cavern it could have 1-6 ultras sitting by it. I don't know if these guys come and attack when their level of wave is attacking, or if they just stay there

Sometimes, if you find a big enough group, it can be well worth it to set up a mind control device and snag some top tier zerg units in bulk!

2 - There are a few cases where hatcheries spawn up on hilltops that have no ramps. Any zerg that spawn from these hatcheries are stuck and accumulate there.

I really haven't seen zerg group up otherwise, but when I do find packs like this, ravens are damn good bombers.

I really like the addition of Nests, they add yet another dimension to the game. Really fun to clear and exploit, but a pain when you need to make a base and you find out you have a Nest up there with you!

The mind control idea is cool, I have actually never even used the mind control building. It seems it would only be worth it for ultras, broods, and maybe mutas. I guess if you found a Lurker Den it would be awesome. Twisted Evil Oh, and the "bosses," they can also be mind controlled. Twisted Evil

The stranded Hatcheries are amazing! Laughing

Lastly, how does Barrage work exactly? It sends two Seeker Missiles at each target in range, right? And what is the cooldown and energy cost of it? It doesn't say for me. Neutral
    combatjoe

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Barrage shoots 1 missile at every target in rage, at a cost of 50 energy per missile fired. There's no cost to using the ability itself or a cooldown on it, the cost is dependent on how many missiles are launched.

If you have 100 energy and 3+ enemies in range, two missiles will fire at the closest two. It will cost 100 energy for the two missiles.

If you have 500 energy and 5 enemies in range, five missiles will fire at the closest 5 enemies. It will cost 250 energy for the five missiles. Since there is no cooldown on barrage, you could just then click barrage again for another 5 missiles, depleting another 250 energy and lobbing a second missile at every target.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Awesome. Very Happy How much energy to Ravens have at max? I could have a lot of fun with a few Restoration Towers and a fleet of Ravens, although I can't imagine it being realistically sustainable or viable as a constant defense.

EDIT: Try setting up a MC tower at an Infestor Nest. Infinite Fungal Growth is AMAZING! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    combatjoe

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:02 pm

It's 500 or 400 max I believe, with a fast recharge rate. You can get 2 solid volleys out of each raven per night period, probably even 3. They are great for the cost, but require micromanagement.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 pm

combatjoe wrote:

I usually leave the stuck guys for the end, becase they are no treat. But, if the number of units in game is restricted, then it is even good to keep them for you own benefit Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:48 pm