Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

Getting the probe out at 1st night/2nd day

Nosuke

Getting the probe out at 1st night/2nd day  Empty Getting the probe out at 1st night/2nd day

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:15 am

This strategy is to get the probe out ASAP.

Probe allows you to blink to reach high places and mine twice faster than mule; meaning you can accumulate dozens of resources easily. They can fight pretty well and kill a spine crawler alone too.

First follow combatjoe strategy to look for gas.
    If you are unable to find any gas, vespense gas or salvaged science facility is possible as well.

Next build a scanner at base and scan the entire map; you can reveal the whole map and use the transport ship restore ability to restore your scanner mana.

Now look for obelisk; head straight it; if the path is block with light defense. Look for science facility and get a dog; clear the mobs along the way with your DOG and scv repairing.

once you reach the obelisk; build 2 restore; use your SCV to snipe the obelisk until it is destroyed. Blink the probe out of danger immediately.

Use this probe to gather mass resource and build defense to win!
    combatjoe

Getting the probe out at 1st night/2nd day  Empty Re: Getting the probe out at 1st night/2nd day

Post  combatjoe Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Sniping the obelisk is definitely the fastest way to get the probe out. There's no need to kill off pylons or cannons unless you need to pass through the area that they block. Just be ready to blink the probe out as soon as it is free.

I've never really tried to get one early, but I do see the advantages. They do solid damage; taking out a solo spine crawler, and also a cost free way of taking down a hatchery. I think they do almost as much DPS as 3 cheap turrets.
    Starke
    Starke

Getting the probe out at 1st night/2nd day  Empty Re: Getting the probe out at 1st night/2nd day

Post  Starke Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:19 pm

How many Obelisks are generally on the map. What is the most you guys have ever seen. The most I have seen is four, but the usual number seems to be two.
    Nosuke

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:50 pm

My most unlucky run - 1 obelisk!
    Lucky - 4, but u only need one!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:24 am