Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

4 posters

10.1 Difficult to find Probe now

Brodyaga

10.1 Difficult to find Probe now Empty 10.1 Difficult to find Probe now

Post  Brodyaga Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:34 pm

After reducing speed of firing for Photon Canons it is difficult to find Probe now: they just don't survive long enough, and the Zerg just kill them early in a game without players even seeing them.

(I suppose the cooldown is the same for the "wild" Protoss and for those that are found by player.)
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

10.1 Difficult to find Probe now Empty Re: 10.1 Difficult to find Probe now

Post  dra6o0n Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:51 pm

So basically, the reason you can't ever find them is that they get killed off?

Right, since technically these cannons do weaker damage too (i think 20 like normal, but slower) so in the end, hydras and roaches will eventually break them, or otherwise some might spawn near broodlords and end up getting destroyed.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 am

Lol, now I get what you mean, the turret nerf (if also applied to the "wild" cannons) means that the Zerg kill off the cannons and obelisk before you can claim it. The obvious decision is just to return to the two-second attack speed for the "wild" turrets(if it was changed in the first place, do you know for sure that it was changed?).
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:39 am

The "Findable" cannons have completely different stats from the "buildable" cannons. Otherwise, your survivor would get 1-shotted the instant you go within range of a pair of cannons.

The stats on findable cannons have been unchanged by the latest patch.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Nagnazul wrote:The "Findable" cannons have completely different stats from the "buildable" cannons. Otherwise, your survivor would get 1-shotted the instant you go within range of a pair of cannons.

The stats on findable cannons have been unchanged by the latest patch.

Oh... What I thought was wrong?

Was it the incidence that I could not find the Probe even when I cleaned the map completely after the game?

Well, this has already happened before, that there was no Probe at the end, but it seems to be a tendency now. Why could it happened now? Because of the more intense Zerg traffic?

I witnessed a few 10.1 games that 2 or 3 Probes were found, but...
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Make the map reveal itself once you view the replay so you can see where the problem lies.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 pm

dra6o0n wrote:Make the map reveal itself once you view the replay so you can see where the problem lies.
    Is this possible? I was really hoping for this as well. So I can curse myself for not finding the Fusion Core that was RIGHT THERE, lol. Mad Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:25 pm