Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

Almost impossible to find this game on a list now

Brodyaga

Almost impossible to find this game on a list now Empty Almost impossible to find this game on a list now

Post  Brodyaga Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Often I have to "Create" this game, and wait, wait, wait...

then suddenly a bunch of people come in a short time, most of them are noobs...

Other people also complain in a lobby chat about long time (4 minutes and more) that takes to find "Stranded on Krydon" in a list.
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Almost impossible to find this game on a list now Empty Re: Almost impossible to find this game on a list now

Post  dra6o0n Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Apparently this is how it works out:

Firstly, lots of newbies pops into to try the map, this is the first several hours of players that comes to try the game.

It boosts stranded to the top of the list for a little while.

Then, same group of players now see it on the list, then remembers how it was like, so they ignore it.

Then it falls down the list.

It only goes up the list when people create the map out of curiosity, or skimming pages out of curiosity.

Most players don't even intend to look for it specifically.

Also, maps like CT 3v3 map, has like 3 of the same map published under the same publisher, and I saw it at the 1st page, then the 3rd page, then the 5th page, etc.
    Starke
    Starke

Almost impossible to find this game on a list now Empty Re: Almost impossible to find this game on a list now

Post  Starke Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:13 am

It's the new Battle.net custom game sorting system. Games are measured in player-hours, so it takes into account the number of players in a game and how long the game lasts instead of just the number of games played, which favored games with few players and short games. THIS part is good. BUT it only measures up to TWENTY hours, AND THEN THE METER RESETS TO ZERO. With THOUSANDS of players playing the most popular games, they reach twenty player-hours in minutes. This means that it is resetting crazily all the time, popping up all over the list. Enter, exit, and reenter the list, and it will be in a different position. And so it isn't even a popularity meter anymore. >=( It's stupid. You can't compare the games to EACH OTHER anymore through the meter. The more "popular" a game is, the faster it moves up the list compared to its peers as it logs hours. And so the more popular the game, the harder it is to locate. >=) The system was supposed to give less popular custom games more exposure, but Blizzard underestimated the volatility to the new system. I expect a change soon.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:31 am

Starke wrote:...the harder it is to locate...

Yea, now I understand...

I found how to avoid so much of a screen scrolling in search of a game: I don't go down more than 1-2 screens; I just renew(refresh?) it, and "Stranded on Krydon" comes out from the first or second(third) attempt.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:11 pm

PATCH!!!!!!

The new popularity meter now measures in player-hours per hour, as it always should have. Happy hunting!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:24 am