Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

+2
Nagnazul
darekkhort
6 posters

A guide to beating the game

darekkhort

A guide to beating the game Empty A guide to beating the game

Post  darekkhort Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:40 am

Hey guys, absolutely love this custom map - it is AWESOME! Hoping for a sequel!

In any case, here is my strategy.

1. Each player mines a mineral near the center until it empties and salvages the barracades; then heads out to their chosen direction (north, west, east, south); explore. Collect as much as possible and remember any good spots you find for mining.

2. Around 15-30 seconds till first night wave, build a turret, then a Command Center and start mining.
    Here is a HUGE tip. Keep lifting and setting the CC down RIGHT NEXT TO mineral and gas so you mine extra fast! You should get around 700 minerals AT LEAST by daylight.

3. Find facilities/etc using a scanner.

4. Once found fusion, everyone head there to defend at night, with ONE player building up ravens.
    SIX ravens seems to be a good number. This person then goes around spamming seeker missiles on Hatcheries and on Zerg Production Buildings (i.e., Roach Warren, Greater Spire, Ultra, Hydra Den/etc) getting rid of them all.

Barrage isn't so useful (since sometimes it'll just get like....10 seeker missiles on a zergling) so it is best just to go bit by bit. As you get more gas from killing hatcheries and zerg production facilities; go and make more ravens.

Your other teammates should concentrate on defending fusion core, surrounding the area (and a space for transport ship) with your production facilities, planetary fortress and one or two big bertha's with a few turrets and missile turrets.

By the time you decide to create transport, the 'Raven' player would have destroyed quite a few hatcheries and production facilities making the invasion and future waves 'simple'.

Of course, when the transport ship starts building you need your ravens back; and use their barrage skill whenever you come across a 'boss' monster.

This should make everything easy. The 'Raven' player really helps reduce the difficulty of this future waves.

All the best! Very Happy
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

A guide to beating the game Empty Re: A guide to beating the game

Post  Nagnazul Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:35 pm

darekkhort wrote:Hey guys, absolutely love this custom map - it is AWESOME! Hoping for a sequel!

There are no plans for a sequel right now, but there are lots of plans for upcoming patches. Just to give you an idea of what I have in my TODO list (subject to change, so don't take this as gospel)

-A replacement for the Kerrigan Wave
    -A way to win the game through pure defense
    -A way to win the game through pure offense
    -Advanced Protoss Technology
    -Upgrade buildings with both survivor upgrades and building upgrades
    -New Zerg Technology
    -Unlockable Player classes
    -Better terrain generation
    -Cosmetic Terrain improvements

I'm leaving a lot of details out, but those are things I want to add to the game eventually.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Awesome ideas. Very Happy Shocked

I like ALL of the ideas. Just as long as the map doesn't get too crowded. Side note: what do you mean by better terrain generation? Better placement of buildings and resources? I thought it was already great. Or do you mean TERRAIN terrain generation? Shocked I like the static landscape. It's the only thing you can depend on. As long as there are defensible positions it could work I suppose.

Did you see my way-too-in-depth ideas on the upgrade buildings? (in another thread)
    darekkhort

Post  darekkhort Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:55 pm

That is excellent! Very Happy
    Can't wait for the upcoming patches, and those are amazing ideas.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm

darekkhort wrote:Here is a HUGE tip. Keep lifting and setting the CC down RIGHT NEXT TO mineral and gas so you mine extra fast! You should get around 700 minerals AT LEAST by daylight.

I have found this to be a huge advantage as well. About half of the time it takes to perform a "gather cycle" is just travel time. Doing this is a major boost. I ALWAYS liftoff and reposition after each patch is depleted, because it only takes seconds, but saves far more in travel time, especially with multiple gatherers.
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Starke wrote:Awesome ideas. Very Happy Shocked

I like ALL of the ideas. Just as long as the map doesn't get too crowded. Side note: what do you mean by better terrain generation? Better placement of buildings and resources? I thought it was already great. Or do you mean TERRAIN terrain generation? Shocked I like the static landscape. It's the only thing you can depend on. As long as there are defensible positions it could work I suppose.

Did you see my way-too-in-depth ideas on the upgrade buildings? (in another thread)

Don't worry, I did see your post - I read pretty much every post on this forum.

Don't worry about the map getting too crowded - whenever I add new generated buildings, I remove some of the old ones. Right now the map is covered in factories and science facilities; eventually some of those will be upgrade buildings instead.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Good - as long as I can still find my factory. Very Happy

And dra6o0n just threw up some sweet ideas in that thread as well. Smile Razz

And what is going on with "better terrain generation?" Question
    Nosuke

Post  Nosuke Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:37 am

Actually there is an really easy way to beat the game even without teamwork; but it makes the game looks too easy so I did not post it back them.

1) Find gas/salvage science/vespense 1st day
    2) Make scanner at transport and reveal whole map using scan + mana recover
    3) Find an obelisk; move there immediately; build 2 restore and snipe until the obelisk broke. Blink the probe out
    4) Find gold; Build restore; Snipe the creep tumor; all the spine crawler will die without the carpet.
    5) Get science, get 3 dogs and 3 heal bot, move through day and night and mine continuously with probe.
    6) Get a total of 1600 mineral and 2200 gas
    7) Get fusion, 3 berth, 1 transport and 5 mules (set to auto repair).
    8 ) Money earn from waves into cannon, 3-4 observer to give the berth range to shoot down enemy
    Optional) 2 raven save energy (disable autocast) and fly into levi and spam barrage.
    9) Win!
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Wow, impressive build order. I usually don't throw up a scan or restore until I am in a permanent position, but I think that has been holding me back. I just didn't like using salvage. But that's changing...
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:51 pm

darekkhort wrote:here is my strategy.

1. Each player mines a mineral near the center until it empties and salvages the barracades; then heads out to their chosen direction (north, west, east, south); explore. Collect as much as possible and remember any good spots you find for mining.Very Happy

This is a WRONG advice. Exactly like this, with caplock and without any excuses like "on my opinion".

Why? Because the essential thing for mining enough minerals are Mules, made in the Factory. So, the first thing you need to do in the game is to find the Factory, explore, find some good spots and, maybe, build the Air Turret as a detector near the creep and shoot off the Creep Generator and leave the Spine Crowlers to slowly die.

Also you can leave a few Defensive Turrets near some Hatcheries and give them time to shoot Hatcheries down. Get some reward this way and a good spot to harvest.

You will pick up more minerals in droppods when exploring, than you can slowly harvest at the crashing site.

Furthermore, this is not a good choice: harvest at the day light when it is still safe, and go explore at night, when all the Zerg rushing out.

What I do? I come back at night and build at least 2 Turrets in the close proximity to the Crashed Ship. Maybe do some harvesting or leave a Mule for this behind. Defensive Turrets will attract some of the Zerg and, supplied with the gigantic restorer (Crashed Ship), will survive till the Mutalisk wave at least. With the Mule left there in autorepair mode - up till Ultralisks come. Also they give me some small, but permanent income: reward for the killed Zerg.
    With 2-3 extra Air Turrets the crushing site will survive through the Mutalisk wave easily, giving a lot of reward for the killed Observers so on.

Meanwhile, I can go to the other location and harvest there or do the quest for Probe.

This way I always have a safe heaven behind where I can restore the health of my SCV.

Or I can stay there and build more defense with a Probe and Mules harvesting for me elsewhere.
    muilenta

Post  muilenta Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 pm

To beat brutal:
    4 turrets night 1
    8 turrets night 2
    20 teslas at night 4 (hydras)
    keep making teslas, and 4 beacons
    you will win before the brood lords come (if not fast enough, you lose)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am