Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

4 posters

Pace of the game

Brodyaga

Pace of the game Empty Pace of the game

Post  Brodyaga Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Now I realise that I did not really want to win the game right away:I just procrustinated. clown

I wanted to play with those Big Berthas and other weaponry. Embarassed

So I pulled the time to the point when the waves of attackes where too poverful to withstand them (1 hour 7 min). affraid

If I build defence poverful just enough to destroy coming with the Gidras banellings arround Saving Beacons and also some bigger monsters (one well protected with bunkers and invisibility Big Bertha works just perfect against any monster) then I can take care about Saving Beacons and build them.

But this little protection is good before the 1 hour mark. After 1 hour... I don't even know what kind of defence I need in order to confront those huge and poverful waves...

But it would be interesting to put all money into defence and play with those huge waves. After having enough fun in exploring after-one-hour game and comletely overcoming Zergs... we could think about dignified ending.

There are some changes in the game (starting since today), I think): Ultralisk, unnamed bigger monster and Leviafan came from behind of my position, from my carefully clened from any Hives area.

So, some bigger Zerg units come not only from Hutcheries, but from some suspisiously looking walls in the lower right corner?

But anyway, I had Big Bertha at that time, well covered with invisibility - Leviafan died right there Twisted Evil
    Probubly it was heading towards the other guys who built some Saving Ship, but met me and my Big Berta Twisted Evil ... and died lol!

Last edited by Brodyaga on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes)
    Starke
    Starke

Pace of the game Empty Re: Pace of the game

Post  Starke Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:29 pm

A one hour game is a LONG game, although solo I guess you have some easier waves in there to buy some time. Anyway, look at the change log. Some changes to the wave progression so that it is more smooth and overall easier. But there is also a higher difficulty, called Brutal. Twisted Evil Speed upgrades for lings, banes, and ultras (!), the range upgrade for hydras, and 3 armor and 3 weapon damage for everything!!! Exclamation
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Brodyaga wrote:Now I realise that I did not really want to win the game right away:I just procrustinated. clown

Yes... I built a very good defence today and tried to see if I can survive long enough. I let the other guys leave on the ship without me and checked what happend.

Well, a few Kerrigans came with a bunch of Ultralisks came and destroyed my big (72 poits of supply defence)

My protection was: 5-6 invisible Big Bertas, burricads of bunkers, mules for repare... Evil or Very Mad

I have an impression that Kerrigans are getting stronger the later wave we have. Shocked
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 pm

It's really cool that happens if you are not on the ship. I was wondering what would happen. I figured it would just not allow the ship to take off.

I wonder what would happen if you got four guys together and just tried to survive as long as possible. With four people and no ship or beacons to attract more Zerg, it could be pretty epic. I have never even seen the fearsome Kerrigan. Crying or Very sad
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Starke wrote:It's really cool that happens if you are not on the ship. I was wondering what would happen. I figured it would just not allow the ship to take off.

I wonder what would happen if you got four guys together and just tried to survive as long as possible. With four people and no ship or beacons to attract more Zerg, it could be pretty epic. I have never even seen the fearsome Kerrigan. Crying or Very sad

I survived in this game for 1 hour 17 minutes: mainly because I destroyed all the hutcheries near me so attackers had to pool throughout a-a-all the map. (I saw this, because the map gets completely open after somebody leaves on a ship.)

I also would like to experiment like you said: four guys altogether, devouted to check what happens and how long we can confront Zergs.

I don't know if the strengs of Leviafan is higher in a later game, but on about 40-50-th minute someone built the ship, and Leviafan went through the outskirts of my camp (I camped at right lower corner), heading builder dirrection. I had already had my Big Berta at that time (covered with invisibility), and demaged it to the half.
    Then I chased it with 8 ravens and killed it like a baby cat.

I think now that Gidras as a result of building Saving Beacons are less dangerous, a player just need to surround the Beacons building site with Fire Turrets, or what is it's name.

Anyway, I would like to take part in the entertiment according to your idea. Do you now any other players that could shear our fun?
    How can we organise this action? Make agreement about proper time and just start sumuntainesly? Or what? Do you have any idea?
    combatjoe

Post  combatjoe Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 pm

In every map, in the SE corner there is an upgraded hatchery. The terrain around it is fully, permanently infested cliffs etc. This is where the Brutalisk, Abominations and Leviathan spawn. Whether you kill the hive/lair or not they will always spawn here. You get a good amount of bonus money for killing the hive.

Also, it's not one kerrigan, it's many kerrigans that attack you after the broodlord wave. Sad
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Brodyaga wrote:I think now that Gidras as a result of building Saving Beacons are less dangerous, a player just need to surround the Beacons building site with Fire Turrets, or what is it's name.
    Um, hydras? Very Happy

Brodyaga wrote:I also would like to experiment like you said: four guys altogether, devouted to check what happens and how long we can confront Zergs. Anyway, I would like to take part in the entertiment according to your idea. Do you now any other players that could shear our fun?
    How can we organise this action? Make agreement about proper time and just start sumuntainesly? Or what? Do you have any idea?
    I am not really sure... I guess we might be able to get some players off the SC2 Forum thread, and I know a good player or two from another SC2 custom game site, and one guy I met ingame. But finding a time to get us all together would be tricky.

Ingame I am Starke, code 211. Add me if you want. What is yours?
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Starke wrote:Ingame I am Starke, code 211. Add me if you want. What is yours?

I am Brodyaga in a game. What does it mean - code? Add me... you mean - to the list of friends in the game? Sure, I want. I just need to figure how. scratch rendeer

We can start a new tread about this experiment in Discussions on a forum. It is good to tell other guys in the game about this forum.

"Um, hydras?" Did I say any different??? clown Wink
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Ingame you have a friends list in the bottom left. You can add people if you know their ingame name and code from the menu there. To find your code, go to the friends menu and click add friend, and it also says your code.

Having a friend makes it easier to set up games but alerting the other person if you are online, makes opening a chat window easy, and lets you create a party together or invite the other person to a game. And just because I am on your list doesn't mean you are on mine, so e both need to swap codes. You can PM me yours when you find it if you like.
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Brodyaga wrote:
    Starke wrote:Ingame I am Starke, code 211. Add me if you want. What is yours?

I am Brodyaga in a game. What does it mean - code? Add me... you mean - to the list of friends in the game? Sure, I want. I just need to figure how. scratch rendeer

We can start a new tread about this experiment in Discussions on a forum. It is good to tell other guys in the game about this forum.

"Um, hydras?" Did I say any different??? clown Wink

Aha! Now I've got it: in a game I am Brodyaga code 554
    Puphy

Post  Puphy Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:00 am

hey guys. i played with you before =)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:03 pm