Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

2 posters

This game is not hard! But it lacks tips!

Nosuke

This game is not hard! But it lacks tips! Empty This game is not hard! But it lacks tips!

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 am

I have played this game over 50 times since its launch, and really love it.

But it took me 20-30 defeat try to get the right strategy out and start winning the game, even by myself in 4 player game.

I just feel that the learning curve in this game is extremely steep.

Helpful messages should appears more as the player progress through the game. Helpful messages like.

- Find supply that scatter outside the map to start build turrets.
    - You have found a supply, you can now build turrets.
    - You have found gas, you can build scanner and restoration.
    - Scanner has a scanning ability that allows you to reveal the map!
    - Restore can be useful for healing health and mana!
    - Build mule from factory to mine faster! (1 min after getting factory)
    - Dogs from science facility have an aoe splash attack, they are good against many units. (1 min after getting science facility)
    - Probe mine twice faster than mule, build pylons next to mineral and start mining! (after getting obelisk)
    - Probe can reach high ground by using blinking skill (1 min after getting probe)

I believe this will lessen the learning curve for newbies, as for now, most of them are really clueless what to do =P
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

This game is not hard! But it lacks tips! Empty Re: This game is not hard! But it lacks tips!

Post  Nagnazul Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 am

I added objectives in the last patch hoping they'd help with that - I may go back and add tips as well, but I'm pretty sure nobody would read them.
    Nosuke

This game is not hard! But it lacks tips! Empty Re: This game is not hard! But it lacks tips!

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 am

I believe if it appear on the area where chat message usually appear they should see it.

I dont really know most of the things until i learn from others or they teach me. Like the probe ability to blink, if it could pop out and let me know earlier, I think it would help me a lot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:32 pm