Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

3 posters

Fire Turrets are still readily get stuck

Brodyaga

Fire Turrets are still readily get stuck Empty Fire Turrets are still readily get stuck

Post  Brodyaga Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:48 am

Fire turrets are still easyly get stuck undergraund when surraunded with the enemies. And often don't get unstuck to attack new approuching enemies even without enemies close.

Gas collectors are not always start buing built even if they "report" about accepted order.

A few times they started construction, and SUV just could not get in after finishing construction! I took care about different units, came back to pick up my SUV... and it had't even get in yet!
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Fire Turrets are still readily get stuck Empty Re: Fire Turrets are still readily get stuck

Post  Nagnazul Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Can you send me replays with both of these things happening? It would help me solve the problem.

Thanks!
    Starke
    Starke

Fire Turrets are still readily get stuck Empty Re: Fire Turrets are still readily get stuck

Post  Starke Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:42 pm

In my experience, the gas geyser problem is caused by having a building directly adjacent to the geyser. I heard that from another member on the forums. Wait, I thought it was you Brodyaga? Suspect Anyway, just don't land your CC right next to it (back it off a space), and don't build turrets/barricades/whatever right next to it, and it works fine.

Also, sometimes Drones decide to be lazy asses and slack off during the night. They mysteriously stop, and don't give chase even when you run right past them.

EDIT: Yes, it was you! We talked about it in this thread. So I guess this post was more aimed at making it so that you can land right next to it and mine properly...
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Nagnazul wrote:Can you send me replays with both of these things happening? It would help me solve the problem.

Thanks!

Eeeeh.... Unfortunally I did not save a replay. I can describe how it happened with me. Accidents with a turrets happend a few days after you said you fixed this, and with a gaser - just yesterday. There was enough room to come in from one side, but I had to go arround to the other side of a gaser to get in.

Next time I will save a replay, if it happens, but I lost trust to the fire turrets and uncunchesly avoiding to use them now.

The turret was surrounded with 8 bunelings, very close melee attacking it, and did not open. After they were killed (with the Raven(?), turret still did not want to open for the next attacker.
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:55 pm

I've just added a manual "unburrow" button to perdition turrets, just in case.

For vespene geysers, are you still getting this in the latest version? The geyser shouldn't allow you to place command centers within one square of the geyser, since the footprint of the geyser is 5x5.

Does the geyset problem happen with SCVs/refineries or just with probes/assimilator?
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Nagnazul wrote:I've just added a manual "unburrow" button to perdition turrets, just in case.

For vespene geysers, are you still getting this in the latest version? The geyser shouldn't allow you to place command centers within one square of the geyser, since the footprint of the geyser is 5x5.

Does the geyset problem happen with SCVs/refineries or just with probes/assimilator?

Can't say for sure, so I don't want to mislead you with my answer...
    There were some issues with both, but the SUV was the guy that did not want to get in with enough space from both sides - SUV just prefered the opposite ont, and to figure this I had to lead it there. With Probe... there was something, that it did not want to place Collector on a Geyser, but I don't insist it is 100% true. But again, I don't remember for sure, who placed that Collector, that my SUV did not want to get in. There was storage from one side, and 1 Turret from the opposit side.
    I had to go to another side and SUV got in and continued to work.

Promice - next time it happens I'll pay more attention on such details... well, and save replay.

And if the footprint is so huge... then we have an issue: SUV just have no room to get out in order to get to the storage. So, the prosses is interrapted and SVU is just kicked out as an emergensy case. Increasing the footprint of a collector is actually the way to worsen the problem, not to fix it. The problem is in algorithm... or you need to set a restriction areas arround every geyser as it is done in the basic set of maps... or I just misunderstood your statement about the footprints. Probubly they had two different footprins for geysers: one for restriction in setting Base arround, another one - for putting on collector. I never saw a red restriction areas arround geyser on your map, so... are you operating with right one footprint of the two ones?
    Sorry for my diletant judjement.

Last edited by Brodyaga on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:31 pm

^
    |
    Might want to edit that. clown

My experiences: the geyser problem is still in the game, I experienced it 2-3 days ago when I build a barricade next to it. I know it affects SCVs/Refineries, and I THINK it also affects Probes/Assimilators.

I have never seen the flame turret problem. I don't build them often, but when I do they have always worked for me. Suspect

The lazy drone is still here... he just suddenly comes to a stop and sits there.
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:28 pm

On refineries - I have the geysers setup so that you can't place resource stockpiles within one square of them, so you can't block yourself with just resource stockpiles.

If you could either give me a replay or very detailed instructions on how to reproduce the bug, that would help me quite a lot.
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:06 pm

By the way, I just spent a couple hours tinkering with Perdition Turrets - they should behave more rationally in the next patch.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:48 am