Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

2 posters

Salvaging Factory and Science Vessles more worthwhile...

dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Salvaging Factory and Science Vessles more worthwhile... Empty Salvaging Factory and Science Vessles more worthwhile...

Post  dra6o0n Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 pm

75 Minerals or 75 Gas from respective structures.

And if possible provide small supply bonuses of 2 for science vessels and +1 scrap metal dropped when salvaged (possibly used in future stuff? like creating something with not only minerals and gas, but materials too).

Custom resources could be interesting too... Like you can get rare zerg units to drop strands of tissue or something and you can create more efficient weapons out of them... That kind of stuff.
    Starke
    Starke

Salvaging Factory and Science Vessles more worthwhile... Empty Re: Salvaging Factory and Science Vessles more worthwhile...

Post  Starke Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:06 am

I was thinking about increasing the resource boost as well, to something like 150 minerals for the Factory, and 75 gas for the Science Facility, or more.

Custom resources would be awesome, but that is a whole other box of debate that I will reopen later. For now, I'll say this: could custom resources be part of the cost of upgrades, when those are implemented?
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Salvaging Factory and Science Vessles more worthwhile... Empty Re: Salvaging Factory and Science Vessles more worthwhile...

Post  dra6o0n Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:40 am

Like say you want to upgrade your team's turrets (it should affect the team globally) damage, by using a salvaged weapon?

If upgrades gets involved, some of them that requires custom resources needs to affect the team otherwise it makes less sense if someone upgrades it for themselves and not use it.

Maybe a possible upgrade is make Missile Turrets able to fire at ground and air units simultaneously.

Another possible upgrade is adding chain lightning to Telsa Coils, do hit up to 3 enemies with 25% to 50% less damage each.

The upgrades might be a good idea to make unused turrets used more... The Salvo Rocket Structure isn't used so much, it's technically a Raven, except no flight/building/auto bomb/detection...
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:23 pm

For reference, here is the other big upgrade building discussion thread.

And I like the idea of salvaged Factories and Science Facilities granting supply. At this point, I am making so much money that the limiting factor for how much I can build is often how much supply I can find. Crying or Very sad And I find quite a bit. But there is only so much out there...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:05 pm