Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

4 posters

New map is too hard for one player

Brodyaga

New map is too hard for one player Empty New map is too hard for one player

Post  Brodyaga Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:02 am

Tried to win with new map with only me in lobby... Rolling Eyes

Does not work Sad

It is really unbalanced for one player Evil or Very Mad
    Starke
    Starke

New map is too hard for one player Empty Re: New map is too hard for one player

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:54 pm

I have a related question about player difficulty scaling. I recently won the game after all three other players dropped or left; is the difficulty determined at each wave or at the beginning of the game?
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Post  Nagnazul Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm currently working on a patch to make the game more accessible - this patch will include difficulty settings that players can vote on at the start of the game.

Right now, the difficulty is constant no matter how many players are in the game; however, if the game has only 1 or 2 active players, a few easier waves show up to give players some time to catch up. For instance, on Night 3, the game checks before sending Banelings; if there are only 1 or 2 players, the game will save the Banelings for night 4 and instead send Infested Terrans.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Ah. Thank you. Very Happy Still love the challenge at the four-player level though. Smile
    combatjoe

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Difficulty settings would be great. Krydon is pretty merciless to new people, but I really do love the game for the variance and challenge.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Because it starts slow, it FEELS balanced at first. But you have to pick up a lot of strategies and tips before you have a real shot at winning. Just having one or two vets in the game willing to show the new players when to do when _______ happens is huge.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 pm