Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

+2
Starke
Brodyaga
6 posters

Yes, the new map is defenitely too tough for one player

Brodyaga

Yes, the new map is defenitely too tough for one player Empty Yes, the new map is defenitely too tough for one player

Post  Brodyaga Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 am

The game is still not balanced for one player, as I see.
    The single player just can not mantain all the construction, defence, gathering resources and keep looking for tresures. And treasures still need to be taken over from their gurdians.

I don't belive it is possible to win this race against the clock if you are on your own in the game.
    Starke
    Starke

Yes, the new map is defenitely too tough for one player Empty Re: Yes, the new map is defenitely too tough for one player

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:08 pm

I recently won a game where all the other players were dropped or left. I suppose this is hardly comparable though. I will experiment with single-player if I have time. To the Infested Terran and Queen waves help at all?
    combatjoe

Yes, the new map is defenitely too tough for one player Empty Re: Yes, the new map is defenitely too tough for one player

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Do you make it a priority to get a probe in your games? I honestly can't imagine winning without one due to the photon cannons.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Not really, though after rethinking it I will now. I once won a game that started with 4 players by myself without a Probe. Very Happy I had gotten a huge amount of gas early and also had great minerals from Mule mining. One guy left early. The three of us were about so base up together when they dropped right after one another. With their money, I was able to make Siege Tanks and Auto-turrets galore. Oh, and NINE BIG BERTHAS BABY! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil And have enough for a ship. Laughing

Anyone what wants to see the replay can PM me their email. pirat The menu is at the top bar. Very Happy
    combatjoe

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:35 pm

I did a single player game, just to see if I could. I went into the game with a specific goal in mind; transport ship win and rely on photon cannons for defense. I won at the 47 minute mark with plenty of breathing room. There is always the luck factor with the random map, but I think I could do this again. You only need about 3 photon cannons and 1 bunker per side of your base for it to be impenetrable (until broodlords).

Ship win with cannon defense costs about 2500 minerals and 1000 gas. You only need gas for the ship. I think it's MUCH harder to go for any other kind of victory as a single player. Beacons require tremendous amounts of minerals. Non photon defenses cost quite a bit of gas.

Like you said, multitasking can be the most difficult thing when you're solo playing. Make things as easy for yourself as you can.

- Spend extra to cover ALL angles of your base, and use primarily weaponized bunkers. The cheap turrets can be 1 shot by banelings so I only use them when I have to build on creep. When night hits set enough mules on auto-repair and patrol so that you don't have to worry about anything. Your base should need ZERO input from you to survive night cycles so you can do other things.

- Don't be afraid to lose small amounts of money if it saves you time and stress. I don't bother moving resource dumps; I just recycle and build new ones because it is faster. Instead of a 10 second run back to my base to get in range of a restoration building, I'll just drop another restoration building and recycle it when i'm done clearing an area. You lose 5 minerals and 5 gas for doing this but can save minutes.

- When I know i'm moving bases I send any factories or psi labs i'm towing to them ahead of me and then I don't bother checking on them. They have enough HP that they will never die on the way unless it's a massive distance. You will always beat them there and your auto-repair mules will take care of the rest. If you watch them the whole trip, you will lose time.

- During night cycles you should venture out with the protoss probe. Spam blink nonstop to fly around the map, grabbing instant pickups and salvaging extra buildings. Have your comsat building on a hotkey so you can blink up cliffs. You can make a lot of cash during night cycles by doing this.

- At night, if you aren't moving around with the probe then you can scan everything. Reveal even inaccessible hills so that you can hit them with your probe later.

- The probe can mine gas at double speed, so when it was appropriate I used it to strip gas mines incredibly quickly so I could move on.
    combatjoe

Post  combatjoe Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Forgot to add, when it's time to start building the ship just have your probe blink to the nearest fusion core to gain ownership of it, then get it back home. Then start the ship. The core only has to live long enough for you to begin building it. I usually try to time it so that I start the ship just as a night cycle is ending.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Damn, combatjoe, that is a great guide. My thanks.

EDIT: One of my friends from another site won solo and he said it was easy. He is sending his replay to me. With his permission, I will post it here. Is there any way to attach files?
    Nosuke

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:37 am

This game is not really that hard once you know the tricks. I have completed it over 10 times in 4 player games all by myself:).

Mining 1500 minerals and 2700 gas alone isnt that tough (make 4 berth and 1 transport)

In 4 player games, it is possible to mine that amount right before utralisk night and start building your defense.

In 1-2 player games, it is much easily, it is possible to mine that amount around queen night. The last night that my transport fly off by that night is hydra night; I felt it was too easy lol!
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Nosuke wrote:This game is not really that hard once you know the tricks. I have completed it over 10 times in 4 player games all by myself:).

Mining 1500 minerals and 2700 gas alone isnt that tough (make 4 berth and 1 transport)

In 4 player games, it is possible to mine that amount right before utralisk night and start building your defense.

In 1-2 player games, it is much easily, it is possible to mine that amount around queen night. The last night that my transport fly off by that night is hydra night; I felt it was too easy lol!
    Wow. I want to try that!
    Nosuke

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:48 pm

It;s possible.

Just do the snipe the obelisk and get the probe out and start mining!

Protect with dogs and heal bots!
    Puphy

Post  Puphy Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:18 pm

In every update I took a probe or two and lived past broodlords. i've even gone to the point of killing every hatcherie in the newest.. problem is, kerrigan didnt spawn. only air units did, so no.. the game is very much possible alone on casual
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

Post  dra6o0n Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:54 am

No hatcheries = no Kerrigan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:32 am