Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

4 posters

Which Victory?

Starke
    Starke

Which Victory? Empty Which Victory?

Post  Starke Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 pm

What win method do you use more often? I have won several times both ways, and am conflicted as to which one is best. My general defense is Photon Cannon/Big Bertha. Without a Probe, the beacons are superior because they save gas for the Berthas. With a Probe, anything goes! Which one do you prefer?

Also, Nagnazul, are there any sound bytes from the games suitable for the rescue ending, like the transport one? By far, the thing that makes the transport win so satisfying is the voices. Very Happy
    darekkhort

Which Victory? Empty Re: Which Victory?

Post  darekkhort Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:53 am

I must admit I have never tried the beacon; only Transport. Thus my pick is Transport - apparently it is a lot faster. Will have to try beacon though sometime.

I have found the game is much more popular on SEA than on NA, probably because on SEA we don't have that many maps and so it is currently at the top whilst on NA you have tons of maps, and thus SoK is on the second 'page'.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:35 pm

All my first wins where with the transport, but that was largely due to my being the defense guy and having others choose the win. It is handy because it is so much faster. The early beacon attempts failed because they did not build defenses around the beacons to stop the drops and insulate the beacons for baneling drops. And I couldn't both hold the front and build around the back at the same time. Now I somewhat favor the beacons because they save my gas for Big Berthas. Very Happy I can always mine more minerals if I want cannons as well, but gas is much harder to get once you base up. Minerals are usually still easily available.
    Nosuke

Post  Nosuke Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:46 am

Actually the beacon win is easier even though I only did it once and I did transport win myself for about 20++ times.

Beacon Win - 1800 Mineral and 1500 Gas - 4 Berth and 4 Beacon
    Transport Win - 1600 Mineral and 2200 Gas - 3 Berth 1 Transport

It is faster to get a beacon base up than a transport base; also you can continue reinforce your defense for beacon.

But becareful, one of the waves drops banneling right into your base which sux.
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Nosuke wrote:But becareful, one of the waves drops banneling right into your base which sux.
    This. Mad Really hard. Plus they also drop hydras at the same time. Hydra/Baneling hurts. Crying or Very sad

And everyone says that the beacon win is "easier," although they win more often with the ship victory. What?!? It's the same for me though. The thing with beacons (to me) is that people build them TOO early, before all the defenses are up, so we get overwhelmed by the drops and incoming Zerg.
    Puphy

Post  Puphy Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Who needs berthas when probes gather 20 mins as opposed to 10, and faster than a scv? Wink siege tanks rrr better. berthas protect against brood mothers but so do ravens
    Nosuke

Post  Nosuke Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 am

siege tank is useless against levi.

therefore; berth.

probe can also gather 20 gas...
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:58 pm

You feel like the game jipped you when you see gas on cliffs, so with the Probe you Blink on top and mine it out double-speed. Very Happy Just feels good. Probe cliff-gathering and super-speed with Blink are both awesome.

Oh, and I found that Brood Lords compensate nicely, for, well, pretty much all defense early. Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:47 am