Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

2 posters

An Theoretical Idea for a Victory Option

Starke
    Starke

An Theoretical Idea for a Victory Option Empty An Theoretical Idea for a Victory Option

Post  Starke Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 pm

This idea was suggested by a friend as a victory option, and I think it is worth discussing.

He was thinking there could be some way to repair the crashed ship instead of building a new one. Perhaps, before you can repair it, you have to gather power sources from Zerg Nests, Hatcheries, Leviathans, a new type of building, etc., and return them to the ship. And them you have to repair it just like you build the other, but it cost less. (or something) I thought it would be a cool and different ending, because it focuses on protecting a set area of the map (aka the ship) instead of setting up anywhere. This would also mesh with a offensive themed ending. Very Happy

Would also be nice to put more emphasis on the ship, because in Normal games it is just promptly abandoned.

THEORETICALLY, would a victory based around the ship be good? Any method, not just the one I proposed.
    dra6o0n
    dra6o0n

An Theoretical Idea for a Victory Option Empty Re: An Theoretical Idea for a Victory Option

Post  dra6o0n Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Or you need to gather a bunch of materials to fix said ship.

Some materials are harder to find than others.

Like Scrap Metal to repair the hulls.

Power Source means you gotta collect gas and minerals to create a generator and charge these Mobile Battery Vehicles (basically a transport that carries batteries in a custom resource form) and have them transfer the power source to the ship (kind of like SCV gathering minerals, except the ship goes from the generator to the ship).

The wrecked ship has a custom resources for calculating power, and the better you repair it, the more effective it is at repairing mechanical units, or even give structures a small health regeneration!

Maybe whilst giving materials to the ship, what can happen is that the ship when clicked, can show you on the menu what resources it has and the # of it is there.

The ship needs to meet the requirement.

Upon finishing the ship, you can load your units and take off, but not without a obvious wave of zerg attacking you whilst your readying it. Unlike a custom ship, this is a battlecruiser, so whilst trying to escape "to the edge of the map" you can attack whilst inside the ship.

This turns into a minigame where players must man the turret and repair the proper parts or the BC will go down again and the players loses their escape method (doesn't mean you fail the map, but victory will be prevented)...

The Battlecruiser will move automatically by itself, and once the ship is repaired, you have 90 seconds until the ship's auto pilot takes off.

All players can control a turret on the ship and have their own energy for repairing the parts of the ship. It cost energy to fire rounds of lasers at ground units, and firing anti-air missiles at air units. Both are AOE attacks.
    Starke
    Starke

An Theoretical Idea for a Victory Option Empty Re: An Theoretical Idea for a Victory Option

Post  Starke Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm

I got the idea for power cores or whatever from your idea of Scrap Metal. Smile I like the idea of custom resources.

I was thinking of using the model of Warfield's beaten-up BC for the repaired ship. It is an ingame model. And if it dies it does the crash landing animation! Very Happy Would be perfect. Having it fly off the map while firing salvos of plasma would be awesome. The minigame would be a bit much, development-wise, but something could be worked in.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:12 am