Stranded On Krydon Official Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for the popular Starcraft 2 map, Stranded On Krydon

+2
Nagnazul
Evil4Zerggin
6 posters

Does Destroying Hatcheries Reduce Zerg Spawns?

Evil4Zerggin

Does Destroying Hatcheries Reduce Zerg Spawns? Empty Does Destroying Hatcheries Reduce Zerg Spawns?

Post  Evil4Zerggin Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:19 am

See title. Unfortunately I can't tell from gameplay because the rest of my team tends to die before I can do much.
    Nagnazul
    Nagnazul
    Admin

Does Destroying Hatcheries Reduce Zerg Spawns? Empty Re: Does Destroying Hatcheries Reduce Zerg Spawns?

Post  Nagnazul Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:37 pm

The number of Zerg spawned each wave is constant, and Zerg can spawn from any living hatchery on the map. Killing a hatchery won't reduce the number of zerg spawned, but having a hatchery in your backyard can be dangerous.
    Evil4Zerggin

Does Destroying Hatcheries Reduce Zerg Spawns? Empty Re: Does Destroying Hatcheries Reduce Zerg Spawns?

Post  Evil4Zerggin Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Damn. Well, there goes the map-wipe strategy...
    Brodyaga

Post  Brodyaga Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Evil4Zerggin wrote:Damn. Well, there goes the map-wipe strategy...

Yea, before starting to build anything that would provoke monsters to come...
    Starke
    Starke

Post  Starke Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Still would be cool to kill off all but one or two and build Siege Tanks, Big Berthas, etc. around them to quarantine the Zerg. Very Happy

Impractical, but fun to think about.
    Evil4Zerggin

Post  Evil4Zerggin Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Just managed to wipe out all Hatcheries on the map in a real game -> no Kerrigan spawns XD
    darekkhort

Post  darekkhort Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:45 am

It is useful. Just wipe out hatcheries nearest to your 'defence' position. therefore it will take some time before they finally come at you.
    Either that or distance them so they come a tiny bit at a time (i.e., a manageable amount at a time) by making sure there aren't any 'clumps' of hatcheries.
    Puphy

Post  Puphy Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:08 pm

i think management is impractical, or perfectionist. not sure which

so essentially, when i thought i was pro by killing surrounding hatcheries and possibly all of them.. i was actually damning the noobs nearby. surely theres another option

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:47 am